Replacement & Upgrade

Replacing your Sound Processor

SACIC recommends you consider options for replacing your sound processor across your lifetime. At present, there is no public funding for replacement or upgrade sound processors for adults.

If your sound processor is damaged beyond repair, lost or stolen, you can either purchase a new device or make an insurance claim under your home and contents insurance policy.

If you are under 26 years of age and are eligible to receive services from Australian Hearing you may be able to obtain a replacement processor through the Australian Government Hearing Services Program.

Upgrading your Sound Processor

If you have private hospital cover, you may be eligible to apply to your private health fund for an upgrade sound processor. While some health funds upgrade according to the age of your current sound processor, others upgrade only if you obtain a measurable benefit from new technology.

Please contact us for further information about upgrading your sound processor through your private health fund.